Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

 



So, I don't really like anything scary, so Halloween is not exactly one of my favorite occasions. I did go trick-or-treating as a kid, and ate plenty of candy, but there was that one time where I had to be let out of the "haunted house" in the middle of the event. Overall, I just wasn't in a hurry to do anything about Halloween with the kids. This year, though, the subject came up at storytime and preschool, so we went ahead and dressed up. We got a few books at the library and read about how people like to pretend on this night. Then we went through and practiced how to say, "trick or treat?" and then say "thank you!" Since we don't usually have any trick-or-treaters on our street, we took the kiddos to the local mall to trick-or-treat. Tonight was the event, and here are our little stars.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shelby said...

The kids looked too cute! This was our first year to trick-or-treat too. It was fun. We came upon a couple of 'scary' houses and I walked up with the kids like it was no biggie and they did fine. I'm sure it all stems from them being A-ok with darkness (good ole' black out shades) (: Love Z's tutu btw!!

Casey said...

Very cute Beth!!! I can't let K see Zora though...she's obsessed with being a balarina right now. I think Santa might bring her a balarina outfit!