We start our new lifestyle (diet) tomorrow, so tonight I made up some breakfast muffins. David and I are going to make more effort to eat healthy and cut our bad carbohydrates and sugar. I found a great blog to help out as we head in the direction of South Beach ;)
We have really gotten a lot done around the house in the past week or so, but there is so much more to do. Today I had a reminder of why we MUST improve our home's organization and get ridd of stuff. Some of our sweet friends in England sent us a package for Christmas, and it arrived early in December. I put it aside since the tree wasn't up yet, and planned on later putting it under the tree. Today as I was putting things away, I realized I didn't know what had happened to those gifts. We began looking all over for them, and as we searched and searched, I kept fearing that they had somehow been taken in with the recycling or trash. We have too much, and too much disorder when we cannot keep track of things like this. It is embarrassing. We will improve! I will keep remembering the sad, sad feeling I had today, and use it for motivation to make this a better place for us to live. I want to value the things we love and make the other stuff clogging our closets disappear.
We actually (eventually) realized that the kids did unwrap those presents, but we had so much going on that we weren't sure who they had come from! The biggest clue was that the book had the price written in pounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment