I am a feminist, but I define being a feminist as someone who believes men and women are equal (not the same), and should be treated equally. However, I don't for a minute believe that Sarah Palin would be on the ticket if she were a man.
The other big issue I have is that she has a five-month old baby, and I cannot imagine either me or my husband taking on presidential campaign demands and responsibilities with such a young new member of our family. I am supportive of working moms, but how many would willingly make that kind of time and energy comittment at the expense of family? I love this country, and am always appreciative of the powerful rights and freedoms we have in the United States, but my kids are more important to me than political ambition.
1 comment:
I am so with you Beth. I said to DH last night... how on earth can you be VP with a 5 (9 in January) month old? That's insane!
Post a Comment