Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now I am an official soccer mom!

 
 
Zora started her soccer lessons last Saturday. There were about twelve kids from 3-4 years old in her group, with three young (teenage?)coaches, and it appeared that she was the only girl. (There were some other girls in other groups, but not hers.) Zora was her typical self, really studying what was going on, and very tentative about participating at first. Several times in the beginning I saw her hunch up her shoulders the way she does if she is feeling nervous or upset. I know that feeling, but I hate to see it in my girl! I want her to always feel so sure of herself. Silly mom. By the end of the 50 minutes, she was clearly having fun. When there was still 15 minutes or so left, she came over with a very serious look on her face, so I asked her what was wrong. Zora said, "Mom, we are doing a lot of runnning, and I am getting a little bit tired, so I might need to take a break." I could have fallen over laughing! She didn't remember her coaches names, but that didn't keep her from giving them (the two girls) hugs and inviting them to her birthday party!

I think our first session was a success!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shelby said...

YAY little Zora! She will do great. And you will make a lovely pregger soccer mom too!!

Casey said...

Wow! Our first official soccer mom! Way to go Beth, and of course, way to go Zora!

RachelC said...

Way to go Zora!

MelissaGr. said...

Very cool. Hope Zora has been enjoying her soccer.