Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas season

The whole Christmas season is a lot more fun when you have some little people learning all about everything for the first time. This year, Zora is really starting to catch on about Santa and decorations and the whole holiday. We've been talking and reading books about Christmas, and she hears about things at preschool, too. Each night we place an animal into our advent nativity scene, and eat a chocolate from our advent calendar (can you believe 99 cents at Trader Joe's?) Sam isn't at all sure what is going on with most of this, but he understands where the chocolate is, and he is favor of that much! We're also singing Christmas carols each night from the same songbook I remember having at my grandparents' house. Zora has learned the words to Jingle Bells, which I am already tired of, but she is so proud and happy when she sings it that it makes it a little bit okay.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I love all the little traditions we as parents get to start up w/ our babies. It is so very special to me and I can see you all are having fun with it too!

Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.