Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (from the road)

Hi Everyone!

We are in Florida at my grandparents' house, having a lovely time. The children have been wonderful travelers, and are charming their great-grandparents. We've been pleased to be able to spend this time with my family. The added bonus has been shorts and t-shirt weather! It is a bit disorienting to spend a few hours at the beach in December, but we've enjoyed it! I'll be back with some photos later.

I spent some time talking to my grandfather on video today, trying to capture his memories so that my children (and his other great-grandchildren) will have them later. It has been very nice, and I have learned a lot.

Sam is still very curious, which is keeping us on our toes in the non-childproffed house. He can turn on the toaster. He has locked himself in the bedroom once, too.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I'll trade you the beach for a little bit of dirty snow!

Love the memories with gran-dad. They will become a treasured heirloom for all, I'm sure!

Happy Holidays!

Shelby said...

What a wonderful thing you will one day leave to your children! I would love to copy that idea!