Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What is she saying?

Zora is going to take after me. She is a talker! She is talking all of the time, even when she is supposed to be taking a nap. We can see her on the video monitor having long conversations with her stuffed animal babies. She is probably bossing them around. It takes a lot of mental energy to keep up with what she is talking about. Context can help occasionally, but when she tells you she is picking up some hay for her cow, you just have to smile and nod. She has some words that I still haven't figured out. For example, her baby is called baby douey/dewy/duwey, and I am Mommy dewy, and Daddy is Daddy dewy. I don't think it is a name, but I am just not sure. I think it is a term of endearment. Lately I have heard her say what I thought was "aunt betty." As I kept listening, though, I realized that she was saying "everybody." I love a mystery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth...that is so cute about Zora's "aunt Betty". When Jess says "everybody" it sounds like "Eddy body". Very cute!!