Friday, February 1, 2008

I am an Obama Mama!

Yep, I have gone and gotten interested in politics again, and I hold Obama responsible!

After the devastating re-election of Bush, I stopped watching and reading anything concerned with politics. It was a good break for me, and allowed me to have a few years of calm, with peaceful pregnancies. I have remained cynical and suspicious of politics until now.

I just finished Obama's autobiography, Dreams From My Father. Barack Obama is a fascinating man. He shows a good amount of humility, and he has a sense of humor about himself. Obama has done the soul-searching, and I believe he has the seriousness of purpose and the integrity we desperately need for the leader of our country. I am off to read The Audacity of Hope next, and I look forward to continuing to be inspired, truly inspired, for the first time in my life.

Michelle Obama is certainly an asset to her husband's campaign. She is open, honest, real, calm and respectable. From what I have read of their marriage, they have an authentic partnership based on love and respect. I think it will be a great advantage for the U.S. to have such an intelligent and disciplined woman as our First Lady. Here are two articles about their marriage specifically, that I found interesting.

http://www.slate.com/id/2176683/ and http://www.slate.com/id/2176679/

If you are undecided or have not been paying attention, please take a look at Barack Obama.

1 comment:

RachelC said...

*psst* You've been tagged....