Saturday, March 28, 2009
The big 10K today-
I made a t-shirt that said,"My midwife says that this is good for the baby!" on the front, and on the back it said, "baby #3, due April 1st, Boy or girl? We hope so!"
My friend Heather has been so great for me. We've been walking every weekend for several months, and people continue to tell me how good I look for being so pregnant. I give Heather all the credit! She is an experienced runner, working on training for her first triathalon, so it was extra-special nice of her to slow herself down and walk this with me. We had an overcast, chilly day, but it was a fun time.
I was a little surprised at how surprised other folks were about me walking in this event. After all, as my husband says, "you're pregnant, not sick!" I was much more impressed with the people who turn out to a race like this alone, with sheer willpower to see them through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm super proud of you Beth and you DO look great! Can't wait to meet the bub!
Woo-Hoo! Congrats!
Massive "YOU GO GIRL!" from me and DH. I don't even think I could walk a 10k and I'm not pregnant!
You are amazing, my dear. Simply amazing!
Post a Comment